I’m always down for Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns reruns….. but I am also down for the color brown. Many people write this color off as dirty or lackluster, when I see a chocolate brown I immediately think rich and luxurious. Brown is my absolute frockin’ favorite color. In my opinion it instantly creates a lavish yet cozy look in the home, around your frock, even on your kitchen table. Here are a few browns that deserve a crown.
1. LBD (Little BROWN Dress) – How can you go wrong with a brown sweater dress? It looks fab on all shapes and sizes. You can rock a sweater dress in the fall with a pair of boots, and well into winter with tights or leggings.
2. Bedding – I think a chocolate brown comforter exudes a tasteful warmth. Who wouldn’t want to curl up into this bed and watch RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars………..or Sunday Night Football.
3. Chocolatey Nails – My personal favorite is Essie’s Little Brown Dress, with Nicole’s Hard Kourt Fashionista coming in a close second. Nails are the most affordable accessory, dark chocolate looks elegant against all skin tones.
4. The Perfect Purse – A Leather / Leatherette purse makes any outfit look sophisticated. The darker the color, the harder it is to tell whether you are frockin’ real leather, or an imposter!
5. Riding Boots – J’adore the equestrian look. This look never goes out of style and riding boots add a dignified touch to any pair of jeans. Boots are a great investment piece, yet you can also find great affordable pairs at http://www.victoriassecret.com/ and http://www.charlotterusse.com/
6. Infinity Scarf – I always have trouble making a scarf look effortless and good at the same time….. the infinity scarf is brilliant. No matter what it always looks chic, and as I said before, brown looks good on all skin tones (If you are on the fairer side opt for a warm chocolate, if you are on the darker side opt for a nude or lighter brown, if you are a medium tone any color will look great on you).
7. Eyeliner – I love E.L.F makeup. This brand is great for the price, most items are $1.00. A higher end item from E.L.F is usually around $3 – $5. I found this gel eyeliner at Target for $3.00 http://www.target.com/p/e-l-f-cream-eyeliner-with-brush-coffee/-/A-13586787 . I have very fair skin and black is a bit harsh for me, but I can never find a chocolate brown gel liner. This eyeliner is an amazing texure, you can create a clean line or smokey eye. Bonus: It also includes an eyeliner brush.
8. Candles – I prefer natural scents throughout my home. Typically candles that are brown in color have a natural essence. In example: wood, ceder, leaves, coffee, cocoa, even gingerbread (and the list goes on….). I also happen to love fall and winter scents. If you frockin’ agree then check out https://d363.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
9. Headbands – My ultimate style icon is Blair Waldorf (and Leighton Meester too). She is perfect, polished, and her clothes are to die for. I have been a headband fan since Gossip Girl premiered (and I am in a slight depression about the series ending). A headband looks great on all hair types. If you’re having a horrid hair day, throw on a headband. I also find the bigger the band, the smaller you look (same goes with your actual hair).
10. Dessert – Dark chocolate strawberries are semi heatlhy…. if you only have one. They are refreshing and decadant at the same time….. plus its my fav dessert.
11. Statement Necklace – As I have said numerous times this evening brown looks great with everything, whether it is a white dress or pink sweater. A brown statement necklace can soften your features and make your frock look edgy. Brown also tends to be wearable throughout all seasons.
I hope that you little frockers will be getting down wit da brown this fall and winter.