Bonjour little frockers. My specialty (as you may know), is making things look way more luxe then they are (whether it is clothing, home decor, makeup, or food). This afternoon I sexed up some mac & cheese. This recipe is perf in a pinch. You are able to freshen up leftovers, and make a plain box glamorous. This is sheer eleganza for entertaining. Let’s pump up your mac.
This is what you will need:
- A box of mac & cheese
- A muffin pan
- Toppings (whatever you like)
- 1 slice of bread for every muffin cup you will be occupying
- Freshly grated cheese, or cheese crumbles
- A few crackers
Dressing Up Your Mac & Cheese:
1. Cook the mac according to the directions on the box.
2. Set aside.
Toast Cups….. Assemble:
2. Lightly butter your slices of bread.
3. Use a large cup (or cookie cutter, or mug…) to cut a little circle out of your bread slices. Remember don’t throw away your scraps, because you may need them later.
4. Use a dough roller, or cup….. I used a melon baller, to flatten out your circles.
5. Sprinkle your circles with garlic salt, and cut in halfsies.
Be A Preppin Weapon:
2. Put the portion of mac & cheese that you are using, (that you had made earlier) into a bowl. You can put the rest away.
3. Add your toppings into the bowl. I used diced baby spinach and tomatoes. Shrooms, onions and shallots, and even my dreaded b word….. Bacon (yuck… I’m like the only person in the world that hates bacon), would be excellent toppings to add in. Grate some fresh cheese into the bowl (you can also sprinkle a crumbled cheese). Stir everything up.
4. Use a large spoon to fill the toast cups with your fancy mac & cheese.
5. Sprinkle a little pinch of fresh cheese onto the tops of the cups, along with some crushed cracker crumbs (I like to use low fat Ritz). This makes your mac look like you actually took time to make it….. as opposed to just using a box.
6. Put in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Whenever the toasted cups look good to you, you can pull them out.
…… If you are lucky like me, you have little sous chefs to let you know when everything is cooked to perfection.
Use a fork to pop the mac cups out of the pan. Look at you go…. you have made a super sexy meal, that anyone in their right mind will love. You can also do this tomorrow, with different toppings and cheeses to fancy up your leftovers.
Now go rock out with your frock out…. in the kitch.