Hi Frock Stars. While everyone on the east coast is prepping for Sandy (yuck), I prepped for lunch (after drastic hurricane safety precautions of course). Today I made super easy mini pizzas…. in a muffin pan. I get down with a muffin pan for a variety of reasons, one being they’re a breeze to clean. I really enjoy an individual portion too, they always look chic, and nobody else can touch it. Muffin pans also allow you to modify every recipe to each individuals liking, so you’re not making four different dishes. These pizzas are very easy to make, they look super cute, and you can make them fairly healthy.
This is what you need:
- Pizza crust (I like to use whole wheat)
- Shredded cheese (I happen to prefer a reduced fat mozz)
- Diced Tomatoes (2-3 werqs)
- Toppings (I used green peppers and prosciutto… but as always, you can use ANYTHING)!
- A six cup muffin pan
Gets Ta Werq:
2. Open the pizza dough, use a pizza cutter (or sharp knife) to cut into six even pieces.
3. Use a roller, or anything round (today I used a cup) to flatten out the six pieces of dough. If they are a bit too sticky, sprinkle a pinch of flour onto them…. and remember they most certainly do not have to be perf circles.
4. Once you are pleased with your little crusts, use cooking spray or oil to coat your muffin pan. Gently place each crust into a muffin cup.
5. Sprinkle a bit of cheese into the bottom of each cup.
6. Sprinkle a generous amount of diced tomats in each cup, the tomats are acting as our pizza sauce.
7. Add your toppings into the cups. I also like to add another sprinkle of tomatoes, as well as any type of seasoning. Add a final pinch of cheese to the top of each cup, and a tad of fresh ground pepper to fancy it up.
8. Bake for 9-12 minutes.
Wham Bam Thank You Ma’am:
Frock N’ Roll*