Thanksgiving is an amazing excuse to eat whatever the you want, but unfortunately it’s not so fun for vegetarians or those that don’t get down with turkey. Here’s how to turn out a vegetarian Thanksgiving option.
What You Need:
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of baby spinach diced
- Diced or sliced shrooms
- 1 small container of fat free ricotta
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary + little sprigs to garnish
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 6 cup muffin tin(s)
Martha calls for a few ingredients that do make this dish better, but if you don’t have them it’s ok.
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced (I just use a big ass sprinkle of garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
I like to get everything that needs to be cooked on the stove finished first.
1. Preheat your ovie to 375 degrees.
2. You will need 1 pot, and 1 pan. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the box. You prob don’t need to cook the entire box, I used about two noodles per muffin spot, but it’s nice to have a few spare.
3. Sauté your shrooms, and set aside.
4. Drain the noodles, but while you are draining be sure to save one cup of pasta water.
5. You can use the same pot that you made the noodles in to make the pumpkin sauce. Follow Martha Stewart’s Penne With Creamy Pumpkin Sauce Recipe, it’s bomb.
2. You’ll also need one square of noodle for the bottom of your cup. Each noodle can be cut into four equal parts. Make sure you have a bottom for each cup that you’re making.
3. Now you need to have two additional slices of noodle for each cup that you’re making (it’s the lasagna layers). These need to be a bit smaller, so you can get about six to eight out of each noodle.
4. Bust out the muffin tin. Take each ridgeless noodle that you made, and place along the rim of each muffin cup. Your noodles may flop around, but don’t worry… they’ll behave when you fill them up.
5. Place the bottoms that you have cut into the bottom of each cup.
1. Put a large spoonful of pumpkin sauce in each cup.
2. Place the sautéed shrooms in the bottom (totally optional).
3. Layer a small noodle on top of the shrooms.
4. Layer a spoonful of ricotta on top of the noodle.
5. Sprinkle a handful of spinach on top of the ricotta. I didn’t cook the spinach because I think it tastes fresher when you don’t.
6. Layer each cup with a spoonful of pumpkin sauce.
7. Repeat until you’re happy with the layers.
8. Sprinkle each cup with crushed red pepper, and a sprig of rosemary.
9. Bake for 20 minutos.
So delish ♡