When Easter gives you eggs, make egg salad!
Egg salad may sound healthy, but it’s a total fat bomb… it’s made up of yolk and mayo. I happen to love hard-boiled eggs and hate mayo, so I wanted to make a healthy version of egg salad. Here’s how to turn out a skinny egg white salad.
First, you’ll have to hard boil your eggs. My recipe calls for 6, but you can throw the whole dozen in there.
- Put your eggs in a pot and cover them with cold water.
- Bring them to a rolling boil.
- Once the water is boiling, put a lid on the pot and move the eggs to a cool spot.
- Let them sit for 14 minutes.
- Strain them, run cold water over them, and let them cool down in the fridge.
Add one tablespoon of greek yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon of dill, and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika to the egg whites.
Gently stir until all of the eggs are coated.
This makes a gorge appetizer when served over reduced fat Ritz with a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper. You could also make little tea sandwiches using whole wheat or multigrain bread. This egg salad tastes refreshing, and instead of a fat bomb it’s now a protein bomb… werq.