One of the most frequent questions that I get asked is how to get beach hair when you’re not at the beach. I haven’t been to the beach in three years, but I rock beachy waves all the time. There’s a lot of different ways to achieve the perfect wave, here’s how I do it…
Unfortunately, I’ve found that if you want hollywood chic beach waves you have to start off with straight hair. So, before I get started I quickly run a flat-iron through my hair. You should probably use a heat protecting spray, but I don’t… I do a lot of hair masks instead, and I never blow dry.
After your hair is straight, follow these easy steps:
1. Dry shampoo your hair, and rub it in with your fingers… do not brush.
2. Use a curling iron to curl 1-2 inch sections of your hair, don’t curl the ends. I hold my hair around the wand for about 10 seconds, you want a loose wave not a tight ringlet.
3. Gently tease the curls. I love the Spornette Little Wonder brush, but you can use your fingers too. Rough up the curls while adding volume.
4. Finish off with a sea salt spray, I highly recommend Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Spray. Work the spray into your hair with your fingers. You should have perfect beachy waves, like the kind that you see in magazines.
You can leave your waves as is, but here’s how I like to style mine…
Just take a piece of hair, tuck it back, and secure with a shell clip. I think these also make really cute little gifts or party favors.
And if you know me, then you know that I love a turban…
1. Place the fabric at the nape of your neck with the point going towards your forehead. Cross the two pieces of fabric over the point.
2. Cross them again.
3. Take those pieces to the back of your head and tie in a small knot. Don’t forget to tuck the knot in.
4. Tszuj it til you like it.
I live for a summer turban. Not only are they chic, but they protect your hair color.
Life’s a beach ♡